Friday, October 10, 2008

A weekend at the Big Screen

General Conference Rocks!

So we had the rule that we were only allowed to go to General Conference if we had either a less active or an investigator with us, and luckily, we had one in each session! It was pretty amazing. I don't know what happened, but General Conference is like the Super Bowl, but x3. I took notes for my own benefit and motivation... I didn't even take many notes in High School. I guess I'm changing too... It's a good thing President Monson talked about Changes. And how bout them new temples?? Keep up the good work Paul and Natalie, and look out, Pope!

But I ramble. This week we've been real busy trying to get things all planned out for some things going down next week. Something rather stupidly comical happened, which I am sorry to say was the most exciting event to happen (outside of General Conference and various lessons of courage and triumph which I won't bore you all with). Alexandra Pozo, the wife of the Branch President, accidentally flushed her cellphone down the toilet. She flipped out, and started to cry. To make a silly heroic rescue, I rolled up my sleeves and tried to reach through the toilet to save the cellphone, but avast, my hands were too big. We tried to open up some of the sewer pipes and see if we could find it, but to no avail. All in all, our comical attempts and failures brightened Sister Pozo's day, and she eventually got over it. Some of our attempts included, but are not limited to: Scraping around with Hangers, Flushing hot water down the toilet, Flushing Soap to make it slippier, and Spelunking.

Well, that should just about do it. I don't have any pictures this week, but that's not what the mission is all about. It's about going where nobody has gone before, doing what no man has done, and getting your hands real nice and dirty ( 'n' stinky). John Bytheway once said, "Ordinary missionaries take home memories and trinkets, Extraordinary missionaries leave testimonies behind." Or something like that.

e'horspool

1 comment:

KDH said...

If it makes you feel any better, the phone would have probably been usless after being in the water. I'm glad you got to see conference!