Monday, December 1, 2008

Stress...

My hair is falling out. Some more.

Hello friends and family! Elder Horspool reporting in, once again in Ovalle (Norte). Changes have come in, and the verdict is: Elder Horspool se queda. Elder Page, se va al Belloto 2. And there we have it. The new comp is another Gringo (¿sort of?). He's from Canada! Yeah, alright! He goes by the name of Elder Gulbranson, from Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada. He's a pretty down to earth kid. Pretty innocent and pure. It's gonna be fun working with him.

So this week, I was scared. Real scared. I've never felt so terrorfied in my life. I felt as if I could just curl up in a little ball and die. I wasn't sleeping, I was eating, don't worry, but my mind was a wreck. For about 2 or 3 days, I felt that I wasn't prepared to be a missionary, wasn't ready for what lies ahead in life, and that I should just give up. It was weird, came out of nowhere, and was pretty stinking powerful. I still worked, found new people, and taught and did all that missionary jazz, but I felt that there was something on my shoulder, breathing death down my neck. (/shudders). Just in this moment of great despair and alarm, I remembered some things that had been read to the ward by Elder Page some days before. They are all found in Doctrine and Covenants:

DyC 136:27-32

27 Thou shalt be diligent in preserving what thou hast, that thou mayest be a wise steward; for it is the free gift of the Lord thy God, and thou art his steward.
28 If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving.
29 If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication, that your souls may be joyful.
30 Fear not thine enemies, for they are in mine hands and I will do my pleasure with them.
31 My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.
32 Let him that is ignorant learn wisdom by humbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;

And DyC 6:32-37

32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as a touching bone thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you.
33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 took unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
37 behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

Bah, there's nothing to fear! Just being tested. All I gotta do is be faithful, know that God is in control, and stay the course. I'll be just fine folks. Actually we were pretty blessed this week, a story that will have to wait for another day, another time, as it's ridiculously long and detailed, and with Victory for righteousness in it's name!

e'horspool

No comments: