Monday, January 5, 2009

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

¡Felicidades!

Hi everybody! Happy New Year! Weee. My new year was a blast. We got to stay out at a members house till 11 and eat some Asado. Mmm.... Carne Asado.... Plus, they launched Fireworks directly over the house. It was sweet.

Anywho, this week was mildly interesting. Let me start with the previous week:

So the 28th of December a random guy sat next to me during the Priesthood meeting. He looked sort of familiar, but I took him for a member from another branch and didn't think anything of it. At the end of the meeting, President Barraza went up to talk to him and introduced me to him as an investigator. It turns out he was this weird man that Elder Page and I met from the middle of November. When we met him, Page and I both felt that we needed to leave his house and just invite him to church, which we promptly did. He kind of has a slight mental problem. Well, I suppose that it just wasn't his time to talk to us. After he came to church the first time, we set up an appointment with him and went to his house the following Saturday (two days ago). He, his sister, and his mother were there, and we shared the message of the Restoration. The sister (Francia, her name) ate it up. Tomás (the man) somehow already knew everything, and accepted all the commitments right away. The mom is súper evangelical and mildly disrupted the lesson every now and then. Unfortunately, Francia lives in Andacollo and the church ain't terrible strong over there (Something interesting about Andacollo, it's where the Chilean Virgin showed up. It's a small town about an hour northeast of Ovalle). But Tomás came to church again yesterday. He's pretty awesome. He gave his testimony in front of the church, but because he's a little special not too many people understood him. A good man, Tomás.
Well that's where we're at right now. We got changes today, so we'll see if I stay in Ovalle, or if they ship me off to some other part. I gots butterflies in my stummy.

e'horspool

No comments: