Monday, March 30, 2009

Perseverence

It's change day once more!

Wow, it's change day once again. This whole mission thing is going by way too fast. It's kinda silly. However, I can honestly say that I'm putting forth my best effort, according to my ability. I get a little more effective each day. Each day, a little more like the Savior.

Anywho, this week has been a week of patience. Lot's of patience. About 90% of our working time is spent in the streets knocking/yelling at doors. And this week, was a week without any immediate results (I say immediate, because who knows what effect our work will have in the future! Not a single effort is "wasted.") But I'd for sure say that we're working harder then ever. You know you're doing what you need to be doing when you feel the Spirit testifying that what you're saying is true to other people. Not much more you can ask for. However, I have been meditating much upon the topic of "How and what to pray to have miracles occur. The first conclusion, need to ask with faith. OK, so one goal is to develop the Spiritual Gift of Faith. But here's one problem that I've been thinking about lately. What can I ask in a prayer to have the strongest impact upon the investigators/general people to have the spirit work upon them, without destroying agency. I've been reading the scriptures like crazy, trying to figure out what Alma, Amulek, Ammon, Aaron, and all the rest prayed for to work such a great change upon the lamanites, because that's who we're teaching... Lamanites. Hrm. Need to Study more, I suppose, Says I.

e'horspool

No comments: