Monday, June 8, 2009

'Cause we're s'posed to...

Long Autumn...

Hi everyone! Top of the mornin' to ya! I hope you all had a successful week. Elder Cook and I are doing just fine. He sends his love to each of you.

So this week I learned a lot of the power and influence that people have over one another. The Zone I'm in right now is full of really young missionaries. They all seem like little kids! There's only 3 of us over a year in the mission, Elder Horspool, Elder Cook, and Elder Hale (who goes home to Kinston, North Carolina this next week. He plays the Mountain Dulcimer.) But anywho, I'm kind of realizing more and more that all the lil' folks, look up to us a lot. If I'm being serious, they're serious. If I'm in a playful mood, so are they. Bah! It's kind of annoying. But I guess that's part of life. We have to be a good influence in the lives of others. Also, as a missionary in general, the entire world sees us as examples of how the church is. Official representatives of the Church. I think I'm finally realizing exactly what that means. Little by little. Seems to me that our lives change around us without us realizing it. Well, may all the changes be good. I'm gonna end this rant with a scripture:

1 Tim. 4: 12
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.


e'horspool

No comments: