Monday, June 15, 2009

So many conferences!


Good News!!


Hi everyone! How are you all? I'm good, don't worry about me. Sorry that the letter is coming out later, we had a conference this morning with about 80% of the mission. It was good stuff. I'm sure that some of you are aware that we'll be receiving a new mission president next week. He's from Washington State. His name is President Gelespy, or something like that. Word has it that he's a dentist and served his own mission in Argentina. Apparently his wife doesn't speak a lick of spanish. That'll be fun. So President Wilhelm said some goodbyes, and Sister Wilhelm as well. They were without a doubt the best thing that has happened to this mission ever, as they duplicated the number of baptisms over the course of their three years.

Last Tuesday we received notice of another conference. Elder Dallin H. Oaks is coming to Chile! We're having a whole-mission-conference Wednesday (in 2 days). Woohoo! We have to get there at 8:30 in the morning and we're going to be taking pictures with him. As far as I know, the program goes as follows: Elder Oaks and his wife, Elder Corbridge (of the 1st Quorum of the 70) and his wife, and President Wilhelm and his wife. I'm stoked.

Well, as far as missionary work goes, we had a baptism this last week. Jeison Arce is his name. He's 18, and was introduced to the gospel by his girlfriend. He has plans to get sealed in the temple to her, but we'll see if we can't send him on a mission first. I'd send pictures, but I forgot the cable to connect my camera to the computer. I'm a doofus =(. Well, next week.

e'horspool

No comments: