Monday, May 4, 2009

Breaking the habit

Hi everybody!

Hi howdy hey family! How is everybody. Good? Great! Wonderful!? awesome. Anywho, I'm doing just fine and dandy here in Chile. I keep hearing of some death disease o'er yonder in California, Mexico, and well, the rest of the world. I'm not sure what you'd call it in English, but everyone calls it the Porcina flu (La Gripe Porcina). Pork flu? Pig flu? Nothing big right? Only a few hundred people dead in the world. No biggie. I'm hoping it's just another nonsense scare that you'll be hearing nothing about in a few months, like the Bird flu.

So anywho, I was reading in Preach my Gospel the other day, in chapter 10, when it gives the suggestion of trying to stop an addictive habit for a day, to see if you can do it, then a week, and so on. Well, I decided to stop cracking my bones. I made it 4 days straight, and now all my bones hurt. I figured the pain would go away after popping then again, but no. Well, I figure I might as well drop the habit all together now that I'm past the point of no return. So my companion and I have been trying to unravel the mysteries of the earth. We've come across several different little things, which tickle my fancy like crazy. Stuff like, details in the spirit world, both before the atonement and after, the atonement, and why blood had to be spilled, the whole earth being united, divided, then having to be restored, yadda yadda. As for now, I have a few books that I'm wanting to buy/devour (for after the mission. They're forbidden during...): Everlasting life, i don't remember the author (I think its called Everlasting Life? La Vida Sempiterna); Answers to Gospel Questions Volumes I-IV, by Joseph F. Smith; The Great Apostasy, by James E. Talmage; and Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce R. McConkie. So, I dunno if we have any of those books already, but they look awesome. So much to learn...

So if anyone has any other random or awesome questions/facts about the gospel, if you would be so kind as to share them with me. Questions help us learn!


e'horspool

No comments: